To function properly ALL of the following requirements must be met:
(1) Each Orbit Protect device must be paired with a qualifying smartphone (Bluetooth® 4.0 or laterand iOS 7 or later or Android 5.0 or later). There is a 1:1 phone to Orbit Protect device relationship, meaning you can’t pair more than one Orbit Protect device to a single phone, or a single Orbit Protect device to multiple phones.
(2) The Orbit Protect user must download the Orbit application and fully complete the account setup process on the qualifying smartphone.
(3) The qualifying smartphone must be running the Orbit application at the time an alert is sent by the paired Orbit Protect device, and the application must not be disabled or “killed.”
(4) The qualifying smartphone must have GPS enabled in order to use the “active GPS” functionality of alerts. Orbit Protect’s location services are only as accurate as your phone’s GPS capabilities.
(5) Orbit Protect must be paired by Bluetooth® with a smart phone or tablet to be able to send alerts. The paired Orbit Protect device must be within Bluetooth® range of the qualifying smartphone.
(6) The qualifying smartphone must have a data plan and be within a coverage area provided by the user’s qualifying smartphone carrier. Coverage is defined as having a true internet connection (cellular or Wi-Fi.)
(7) Cellular or Wi-Fi data and Bluetooth services must be enabled for the qualifying smartphone AND for the Orbit application (for example purposes only, not in airplane mode or otherwise disabled, and all permissions must be granted to the Orbit application).
(8) The Orbit Protect device user must have set up at least one contact for alert purposes as part of the Orbit application setup process.
(9) The contacts entered in the application must accept the Orbit Protect device user’s invitation to receive alerts. Orbit Protect users & alert contacts should discuss the actions that contacts should take in the event an alert is received.
PLEASENOTE: Neither 911 nor any other emergency service should be listed as one of the Orbit Protect device user’s contacts for alert purposes of any kind.
ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE OPERATING REQUIREMENTS MAY BE UPDATED, MODIFIED OR OTHERWISE CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME SO YOU ARE ADVISED TO REVIEW THESE REQUIREMENTS PERIODICALLY.
Issued June 20, 2019; updated July 26, 2019 (and subject to further change)